General Information

Do I need a referral?

A referral is welcome but not required to see one of our physios.
If you are a WorkCover, Veterans Affairs or Medicare Chronic Disease Management (EPC) patient, you will need a referral.

Where are you located?

Officially Our clinic is located on Level 1, 400 Barangaroo Avenue, Barangaroo NSW 2000.

Unofficially, we are Above Joe & The Juice, opposite Tower 3.

Hours of operation

BOSIC is open Monday – Friday, 7am-7pm.

Is there onsite parking?

In a word, no. But, the Clinic is well serviced with a number of public transport options.
The Wynyard Walk Tunnel is only metres from our front door and there are regular ferry services throughout the day.
Given our location in the heart of Barangaroo, there is no onsite parking available, but there are metered Wilson and Secure Park sites close by.

Private Health Insurance

Is the consultation covered by Private Health Insurance?

If you have private health insurance which covers allied health then you will receive a rebate from your health fund.
We can claim your rebates on the spot for you through HICAPS. To do so, we will need to swipe your health insurance card, so be sure to bring this with you to every consultation.

Do you have HICAPS at Barangaroo Orthopaedic & Sports Injury Clinic?

Yes, we do have HICAPS on the spot claiming.

Can you tell me how much my Health Fund will give back?

We do not know how much your rebate will be since different funds can provide different rebates.
If you need to know what the rebate will be before your consultation, you will need to contact your Health Fund directly to find out from them.

Can I claim with Medicare?

Medicare does not offer rebates unless you have a Chronic Disease Management referral from your GP (see Medicare below).

Can I get a rebate from my Health Fund on products such as clinically recommended braces or supports?

Although you may qualify for rebates on certain products with your Health Fund, our HICAPS facility can only process the treatment component of your claim.
In this case, you would pay for the product(s) on the day and submit the receipt to your Health Fund to obtain any applicable rebate.


What is a TCA (Team Care Arrangement)?

Simply put, a TCA is the same as an EPC (Enhanced Primary Care) or CDM (Chronic Disease Management).

Is it covered by Medicare?

Medicare will contribute towards treatment for those with chronic medical conditions under the Chronic Disease Management Scheme (CDM).
Read below to find out if this applies to you.

What is Chronic Disease Management (formerly EPC)?

Chronic Disease Management (CDM) was formerly known as Enhanced Primary Care (EPC).
The Chronic Disease Program is a government incentive which allows individuals with a chronic medical illness or condition to receive Medicare rebates for a maximum of five (5) allied health services, such as physiotherapy, podiatry and exercise physiology, each calendar year.

A chronic medical condition is one that has been (or is likely to be) present for six months or longer, for example, musculoskeletal conditions. There is no list of eligible conditions, however, the CDM items are designed for patients who require a structured approach, including those requiring ongoing care from a multi-disciplinary team.

Your GP will prepare a CDM plan and refer you to an allied health practitioner if you qualify for treatment.
Whether a patient is eligible for CDM services is a clinical judgement made by the GP, taking into account the patient’s medical condition and care needs, as well as the general guidance set out by Medicare.

How much is the Medicare rebate?

The Medicare rebate varies for each individual. Currently for CDM it is $52.95 per service, with out-of-pocket costs counting towards the extended Medicare safety net.

Is there an out-of-pocket cost to me?

There will be a gap between the full consultation fee you pay and the Medicare rebate you will receive back after your consultation.
We are able to process the Medicare rebate on the spot for you, so make sure to bring your card with you to each consultation.

Can I use my Private Health card too?

It is not possible to use both a CDM claim and your private health insurance for the same consultation.
If you prefer, you may opt to use Private Health Insurance, but then you cannot claim the CDM rebate as well.

What happens if I need more than five allied health sessions?

Once you have used your five CDM sessions in a calendar year, you have the option to continue on with treatment (if required), however there will be no Medicare rebate for these treatments.

Workers’ Compensation

I am a Workers' Compensation patient. What information do I need to bring with me to my first appointment?

If you are a WorkCover patient, we need the following details from you at the time of your initial appointment:

  • Your name and address
  • Employer’s name and contact details
  • Name of Insurer
  • Claim Number
  • Name and contact details of case manager
  • Injury Date
  • Referring doctor’s and contact details
  • Letter accepting liability from Insurer

What if I have not received a letter from my Insurer accepting liability?

If you have not yet received confirmation from your insurer that they accept liability for your claim, it is your responsibility to pay all outstanding accounts until this letter is received. You must then seek reimbursement from your Insurer for any accounts settled directly by you.

Veterans Affairs

I am a Veterans Affairs patient. What do I need to bring with me to my first appointment?

If you are a Veterans Affairs patient, a doctor’s referral and your DVA card are required at your first appointment.